Saturday, March 15, 2014

Testing Strategy and Test Planning - My mindmap

I do not subscribe to any testing related blog feeds. Instead, I pay close attention to Joris Meets' twitter feed and check Ministry of Testing feed. Both of them do a great job of consolidating important testing related blogs/articles. While browsing through James post on Test Jumper, I liked what he wrote. It matched with my preferred style of working - help people identify traps, test with them and create an environment conducive to learning and improving testing skills.

There have been instances in my previous and the current organization where I am called upon to help a project which is going nowhere. Most of the times, they face one of the situations:

  • Important bugs being identified late
  • Testers on unplanned leave
  • Unstable product or need for better coverage
  • Inexperienced project team
  • Important project
I like such challenges. They seem to get the best out of me. I visualize this video and feel good at the additional responsibility given to me.

I started thinking of what gives me the confidence of taking up the role of a Test Jumper. Can I pass any checklist for someone to use and build on it? I launched XMind and here is the output. 
My Project Preparation
This is again a heuristic and not a final plan. It depends on the project, answers to the different questions and other factors like project, team, stakeholders, risks and deadline :) 

0 comments: